1. CITY TECH refers to City Tech Auto Repair; City Hi-Tech Inc; any and all premises owned, operated and/or leased by City Tech Auto Repair - land, property, parking lot, business office, service center, etc; and all equipment owned, operated, and/or leased by City Tech Auto Repair
2. GUEST refers to all customers, visitors, and non-employees
3. COVID-19 refers to SARS-Cov-2, COVID-19, 2019-Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome-Coronavirus-2, 2019-SARS-nCoV, 2019-Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome-novel Coronavirus, nCoV, novel Coronavirus, MIS-c, Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children, Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Adolescents and Adults, and Coronavirus.
4. PPE refers to Personal Protective Equipment. Personal protective equipment includes but not limited to respiratory mask, full face shield, eye goggles, and gloves.
5. Healthcare professional is defined as a licensed physician, licensed hospital, registered nurse, registered physician assistant, or an employee of the health department.
May 1, 2020
GUEST MUST wear a face covering within CITY TECH's premises as required by state and county mandate. Said premises include but not limited to the its business office, service center, and private property/lot. CITY TECH reserves the right to refuse service to anyone should he or she fails or refuses to wear a face covering. GUEST may obtain face covering guidance by contacting the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health or visiting its website.
I. PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
1. Please take notice all customers must bring and use his or her own PPE. Personal protective equipment includes but not limited to respiratory mask, full face shield, eye goggles, and gloves. CITY TECH does NOT sell, provide, or hand out personal protective equipment to any customers, guests, or non-employees.
2. FACE COVERING
a. Please take notice that the use of a face mask, respiratory mask, or face covering MUST cover the upper respiratory tract of the face. This includes the nose and mouth. For more information on the face covering mandate, please refer to the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health’s website - https://covid19.lacounty.gov/face-coverings
b. At this time, the CDC, State of California, and County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health have NOT advised a full/complete face covering such as a face shield. However, CITY TECH recommends GUEST to wear a clear face shield. All full/complete face shields must be clear and the individual's face must be visible to others except for any respiratory mask, face mask, or face covering worn underneath that covers only the nose and mouth.
c. CITY TECH reserves the right to refuse service and/or request the customer to remove any darkly tinted full/complete face shield or device that shields others from seeing his or her natural face.
d. GUEST with a disability or medical condition requiring a medical device that shields his or her entire face are exempt. CITY TECH is not a medical professional. It is therefore prudent for GUEST to inform CITY TECH’s employees he or she is exempt due to medical reasons. Said medical device includes but not limited to devices for respiratory assistance (i.e. oxygen) and/or other types of facial covering as recommended by a licensed healthcare professional. GUEST must adhere to his or her healthcare provider's advisory and the manufacturer's instructions on the use of said devices as prescribed. Please request for CITY TECH’s general manager or assistant manager should you have any questions or concerns. City Tech does not require you, the customer, to provide any documentations of your disability or medical condition.
e. Please take notice all GUEST using a medical device that are inflamable or combustible (i.e. oxygen tanks) MUST adhere to his or her healthcare provider and the manufacturer's instructions. Please take notice CITY TECH operates certain equipment and is in possession of toxic chemicals (i.e. engine oil, transmission oil, engine battery fluid, windshield fluid, etc) that are flammable and/or combustible. Therefore, GUEST must consider refraining from visiting or entering CITY TECH's premises should his or her medical device presents a flammable or combustible risk. GUEST releases CITY TECH from any and all liabilities should he or she sustain injury due to said use of his or her medical device in or around areas of flammable or combustible equipment.
3. EYE PROTECTIVE PROTECTION
a. Prelimiary clinical research studies assume respiratory droplets may spread the COVID-19. Furthermore, said respiratory droplets may be a mode of transmission via a person’s eye. At this time, the CDC, state of California and County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health have NOT advised the general public to use of an eye protective equipment. However, CITY TECH recommends GUEST to wear a clear face shield and/or eye protective equipment (i.e. goggles).
4. HAND PROTECTIVE PROTECTION
a. Preliminary clinical studies have shown COVID-19 may be transmitted via an individual’s hand. The virus is alleged to transmit when a person touches his or her face, mouth, or eyes with a body part that contains active COVID-19. Furthermore, said studies have also shown COVID-19 may remain active on porous and non-porous surfaces (i.e. metals, plastic, etc) up to 72 hours.
b. At this time, the CDC, state of California and County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health have NOT advised the use of hand protective equipment (i.e. gloves). However, CITY TECH recommends GUEST to wear hand gloves.
5. HAND SANITIZER OR HAND SOAP
a. CITY TECH will provide customers with hand sanitizer or hand soap for use at its premises only. Please kindly ask City Tech Auto Repair's employee for hand sanitizer or hand soap.
b. Please take notice City Tech Auto Repair's hand sanitizer contains ethyl alcohol and/or isopropyl alcohol.
c. Hand sanitizer may NOT be available due to limited supply from CITY TECH's suppliers.
d. Customers may bring and use his or her own hand sanitizer or hand soap.
II. BODY TEMPERATURE CHECKS
a. Please take notice at CITY TECH’s discretion, CITY TECH may require customer's temperature to be checked by their employee. CITY TECH reserves the right to refuse entry and/or service to GUEST should he or she has a body temperature above 100.4°F (38°C). Please take notice body temperature is checked with a head and neck thermometer. CITY TECH does not perform any body temperature checks of any other areas except for the head and neck. You, the GUEST, may bring and use his or her own thermometer.
b. CITY TECH reserves the right to refuse service and/or direct GUEST to leave its premises should he or she has a body temperature above 100.4°F (38°C).
c. CITY TECH reserves the right to terminate all future relationships to any GUEST who refuses or fails to comply with CITY TECH’s request to temperature check.
III. GUESTS WITH AN ACTIVE, PASSIVE INFECTION OF COVID-19
a. GUEST must refrain from entering CITY TECH’s premises should he or she has symptoms. Symptoms include but not limited to a fever (above 100.4°F (38°C)), nausea, abdominal discomfort, cough, fatigue, etc.
b. GUEST must refrain from entering CITY TECH’s premises should he or she has been exposed to an individual with COVID-19 within the last 21 days.
c. GUEST must refrain from entering CITY TECH’s premises should he or she was diagnosed with COVID-19 by a healthcare professional within the last 21 days. COVID-19 may be diagnosed via symptomatic observation and/or laboratory examination (i.e. NG/OP swab, serological) by a healthcare professional.
d. GUEST may be held liable should he or she knowingly, willingly, and purposefully enter CITY TECH's premises (i.e. business office, service center, private lot) with an active or passive COVID-19 infection or was exposed to an individual with an active infection within the last 21 days. An assumptive exposure and/or an active or passive carrier of COVID-19 is sufficient for a healthcare provider to asume GUEST has been exposed to and/or has an active or passive infection of COVID-19. A confirmatory test may utilize a FDA conditionally approved COVID-19 testing. At this time, all COVID-19 tests are conditionally approved by the FDA for "emergency use". Said tests include but not limited to nasopharyngeal swab test, oropharyngeal swab test, or serological test. Serological tests include but not limited to 2019-SARS-nCoV/COVID-19/SARS-COV-2 IgA, IgM, and IgG tests. There is no FDA, CDC, or health department guidance as to the validity of said tests as there may be "false negative" or “false positive”. However, your healthcare professional's assumption as a risk to others is sufficient as evidence of an active COVID-19 infection or a possible carrier of said infection. Therefore, you must adhere to your healthcare professional and/or governmental official's advisory. Said advisory(ies) may include self-isolation, self-quarantine, or medical treatment. Healthcare professional is defined as a licensed physician, licensed hospital, registered nurse, registered physician assistant, or an employee of the health department. Furthermore, any and all evaluations for COVID-19 by a healthcare professional and/or governmental official out of the state of California or overseas that presumes an individual as exposed to COVID-19 within the past 21 days is an assumption of an active exposure risk to the COVID-19 even if it was not performed in the state of California. Therefore, you, the GUEST, must obtain further guidance and advisory from a licensed healthcare professional within the state of California regarding risks and exposure.
IV. SOCIAL DISTANCING
a.Please take notice all GUEST MUST adhere to social distancing as recommended by the State of California and the county of Los Angeles health department's advisory.
b. Social distancing advisory includes but not limited to standing six (6) feet from others.
c. CITY TECH may request you, the GUEST, to adhere to the social distancing.
d. CITY TECH reserves the right to refuse service should you, the GUEST, refuse and/or fail to comply with social distancing within CITY TECH’s premises.
e. CITY TECH reserves the right to terminate all future relationships to any GUEST who refuses or fails to comply with CITY TECH’s request to social distance within its premises.
V. RELEASE OF LIABILITY
a. By visiting CITY TECH, you, the GUEST, voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to the COVID-19.
b. CITY TECH is NOT a medical professional nor does it represent itself as a healthcare provider or facility.
c. CITY TECH has absolutely no way to determine or quantify the risk of the COVID-19.
d. Furthermore, CITY TECH cannot and has no medical qualifications to determine who is actively infected with or a carrier of the COVID-19.
e. A "carrier" may be afebrile and asymptomatic. An actively infected person with the COVID-19 may be afebrile.
f. GUEST is advised to contact his or her healthcare provider for additional information including risks of exposure in public places and private business premises.
Please do not hesitate to contact City Tech Auto Repair's Director of Operations at the address below should you have any questions and/or concerns regarding the state of California or the Los Angeles Department of public health's order and/or PPE and social distancing requirements relating to the COVID-19 only. Please take notice it may take up to 14 business days for a response to your questions and/or concerns.
Your questions and/or concerns must include your:
1. Legal name (First and Last Name)
3. Telephone number
4. Date and Time of Visit to City Tech Auto Repair
5. Your vehicle information - License Plate/VIN (This is used to verify your identity and visit)
6. Your estimate/repair invoice received on said date and time of visit (This is used to verify your identity and visit)
8. Description of your concerns
Please be advised our Director of Operations will not address or respond to any issues unrelated to COVID-19 related public health orders and/or PPE requirements. Please contact City Tech Auto Repair's general manager via telephone or in-person should you have any questions unrelated to the public health orders and/or PPE requirements.
CIty Tech Auto Repair's Director of Operation's COVID-19 Contact Information
P.O. BOX 2061
New York, NY 10108
APRIL 10, 2020
County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health
Face Covering Order
The County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health has issued a mandatory order that all customers visiting an "essential business" must wear a face mask at all times. Furthermore, the order extends to an essential business's "rights to refuse service" and/or "request that you, the customer, to leave the premises should you not wear a face mask or comply with an essential business employee's request to wear a face mask". Please download and read the Department of Public Health's "Guidance for Cloth Face Coverings" for further guidance. It is your responsibility to purchase, wear, and protect your and other's health by kindly wearing a face mask. Please take notice we, City Tech Auto Repair, will NOT provide face masks to any customers.
MARCH 19, 2020
State of California Stay-At-Home Order
County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health Safe-At-Home Order
The health and safety of City Tech Auto Repair’s community is our priority. We know you may have questions and concerns since executive orders were issued by the Honorable Governor of the State of California Gavin Newsom and the Honorable County of Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti on March 19, 2020.
- The Honorable Governor of the State of California Gavin Newsom issued a “Stay-at-Home” order requiring all non-essential businesses to temporarily shut down.
- The Honorable County of Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti issued a “Safer-at-Home” order requiring all non-essential businesses to temporarily shut down. This order specifically assigned the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health to mandate and serve notices on all non-essential businesses to temporarily shut down.
Under the authority of the California Health and Safety Code Sections 101040, 101085, and 120175, the County of Los Angeles Health Officers permits “ESSENTIAL BUSINESSES” to continue to operate. Section 13(e) states
For purposes of this Order, Essential Businesses are defined as the following: (e) Gas stations, and auto-supply, auto-repair, car dealerships and related facilities.
City Tech Auto is classified under this subsection 13(e) as an “Essential Business”. As such, our auto repair facility will remain open for business.
We are committed to following all guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the State of California Governor, the State of California Department of Public Health, the County of Los Angeles Mayor, the County of Los Angeles Department of Health, and local city officials.
We are kindly requesting all customers to follow all guidance set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the State of California Governor, the State of California Department of Public Health, the County of Los Angeles Mayor, the County of Los Angeles Department of Health, and local city officials. This includes but not limited to:
1. As per the health commissioner’s instructions, please keep a 6-feet distance between you and others. We therefore kindly request all customers to leave their vehicles in the hands of our experienced technicians. We will call you to pick up your vehicle upon completion of all authorized repairs.
2. Practice good hygiene including hand washing. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide instant hand sanitizer to our customers. We will make every effort to have hand soap available. Please ask the front desk receptionist. Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze
3. Individuals who don’t feel well, have an active acute illness or chronic medical conditions. Although we welcome and accommodate all customers, we are kindly requesting you stay home, obtain advice and comply with instructions from your healthcare providers, follow all governmental agency’s (e.g. CDC, mayor, governor, city council, public health department etc) instructions.
4. Individuals who have recently traveled to and returned from China and Europe within the past 14 days. Although we welcome and accommodate all customers, we are kindly requesting you stay home, obtain advice and comply with instructions from your healthcare providers, follow all governmental agency’s (e.g. CDC, mayor, governor, city council, public health department etc) instructions.
5. **We DO NOT provide customers with face mask. Please bring your own.
We respectfully request your cooperation. This includes but not limited to:
1. Keeping a 6-ft distance between others and you. We kindly refrain from sitting in the main office’s reception area. If you do, please try to keep a 6 feet distance from other customers and staff.
2. Write down and hand your personal information on a piece of paper to our front desk receptionist:
a. First and Last Name
c. Mobile phone number & Alternate number
d. Vehicle information – Year, Make, Model, License Plate, VIN, and vehicle color
e. Short description of your vehicle’s problem
3. Please carry your own instant hand sanitizers, sanitizing wipes and facial tissues.
Thank you for your cooperation and business.